Don't think I haven't seen you escapading through department stores, attempting to dodge every cosmetic counter in your peripheral view. No need to be afraid, loves! Makeup is not as complicated as you may think. There are only 5 essentials that you'll need to save you from disaster and help you re-vamp the other items that you already have.
1. Concealer - There are not many things I despise more than tired under eyes (besides people actual seeing me in public with them!) Maybe you have a special occasion and that stubborn pimple just won't stop taking your face hostage? Here's a few of my favorite super shields!
M.A.C - Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer // bareMinerals - Summer Bique
Smashbox - Camera Ready Full Coverage // Bobbi Brown - Creamy Concealer
2. Lip Color - Gone are the days when lip color was just for mama! A simple pop of color can make aworld of difference. Don't we like things that pop?! Try a few of these fall-friendly shades!
Clinique - Black Honey // M.A.C - Rebel // Cover Girl - Javalicious
3. Primer - Get it together, ladies! No one likes faded makeup. If you don't have a primer or BB cream in your makeup stash, you should. Face and eyelid primers are always a must! They help fill in pores, no-fun fine lines and create a smooth base for your makeup to stay put all day. The less work, the better, right?
For eyes: bareMinerals Prime Time Eye // Urban Decay Primer Potion
For face : Smashbox - Photo finish // bareMinerals - Prime Time Face
4. Moisturizer - I know you weren't expecting this one, but after I'm done, I'm sure you'll thank me. Our skin is the largest organ in our body, so we should nurture it as so. Avoiding the use of a moisturizer because your skin is oily is one of the biggest misconceptions out there. Your skin will produce more oil if it is dehydrated, so using a moisturizer will keep those sebum levels intact. Plus, the more your skin is moisturized, the more resilient it is and the better your makeup will look. Aha!
Dry - Clinique Moisture Surge // Sensitive - La Roche Posay Anti-Redness Moisturizer
Normal - Aveno Smart Essentials // Acne Prone - Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion
5. Eyeshadow Palette - If you're indecisive on which colors work best for you, an eyeshadow palette is always a great go-to. The best part? Palettes are generally cheaper than buying single eyeshadows and you get a few extra to try that you might have otherwise overlooked.
Urban Decay - Naked // Smashbox - Smokebox
Being in the beauty industry and also being a consumer, I understand both sides. If you have a product in mind, it's much easier approaching the counter when you know what to look for. Here's your start!
Don't forget, you can also take a friend. An honest, second opinion helps more than you know!
For the love of hair and makeup,