Introduced to me a few days ago by Janell's nine year old daughter Meg, this easy DIY accessory is easily the coolest hair piece I have seen in a long time. Suprisingly simple to put together and adorable in any 'do, these duct tape bows are a great option whether you're looking for a fun and easy craft, or you're just looking to score some serious style points. Follow our simple tutorial to create you're own colorful hair bows!
You Will Need:
- Duct Tape (Stores like Target, Michael's, and Five Below now sell an awesome variety of rainbow-hued, fun patterned duct tape- everything from tie dye, to cheetah, and more!)
- Hair Accessories (We used a plastic headband and a bobby pin, but anything will work- elastics and barettes are other great options)
- Cut a piece of duct tape twice as long as you want your bow to be (we reccomend starting somewhere around 9 inches)
- Fold both ends over (like window shutters) so they overlap slightly in the middle. You should now have a double sided piece of duct tape that is about half as long as your original piece.
- Fold the piece horizontally three times accordian style
- For the middle of your tie, cut a thin strip of tape (you can use the same color or a different one) and fold over its edges, leaving some stickiness in the center.
- Wrap the strip around the center of the folded piece, forming the center of the bow.
- Attach the bow to a hair accessory of your choosing. We slid a bobby pin through the center of one bow, and a headband through the center of a second bow.
You could also use tape to attach the bow to an elastic, a clip, or a barrette. Tons of options!
Voila! Easy, inexpensive, and fun to make, these bows are adorable for ladies of all ages, and will show off your impressive creativity!
Have any other cool DIY hair projects? Share your favorite hair crafts with My Best Friend's Hair!
For the love of hair,
Ali (and Meg)