Are you looking to make the jump and find a new salon? The team here at My Best Friend's Hair wants to make the search experience and transition is as painless as possible - on our site, you can read a bio on each profile, see a stylist's client reviews, and even browse pictures of their work.
But we wanted to dig a little deeper as we all know the web only gives one lens to look at a business. We talked with PR Consultant Laura Fitzgerald, Founder of LiFt Consulting and representative to several top salons across the United States, to get her expert opinion on the elements of a good quality, well-run salon. Here's what Laura preaches (and makes sure all her salons practice...) :
- Clean, organized environment - reflects the level of pride stylists, managers and owners alike take of their own community and space. Those who make it a priority to take care of their own salon will take fantastic care of you and your hair.
- Helpful and friendly staff - I want to be surrounded by happy people all the time, especially when I’m spending money. The staff of a dependable salon should make your life easier the moment you are welcomed into their business.
- Trusted product partners - Do your homework! Many salons offer free consultations about your hair cut, color and style, as well as suggestions about the products you should be using on your hair. Inquire within! Products are very important to the health and maintenance of your hair.
- Different level of stylist, with different pricing structures - It’s my belief that a good salon, is a good salon, is a good salon – no matter the level stylist. Levels show motivation and opportunity for the stylists working at the salon as well as the importance advancement and education plays within the salon. Ask questions, and learn what the levels mean at your prospective salon.
- Online reviews can spotlight some good, and some not so good things about a salon. It’s always important to see how salons interact with their online communities (i.e. Facebook, Yelp, Google, etc.). You can learn a lot by just “listening” to social media before making your first appointment.
Of course, an overall ambiance can really make or break your experience. Check out some of these beautiful salons we found on Salon Today's Salon + Spa Tours for some inspiration that could take your beauty regime to the next level.
With over ten years experience in the beauty industry, Laura and the team at LiFt Consulting are experts in media and event planning. They have worked with brands, small business, and salons from around the country including New York, Philadelphia, Chicago, Atlanta, and Los Angeles. LiFt Consulting offers a guided approach to PR to help drive salon business with a focus on results by increasing buzz. They offer custom plans for each of their clients based on needs and budget.
Contact them directly at email@example.com learn how they can lift your image, team or brand to a new level. After four years of working closely with over 20 top hair salons across the country, LiFt Consulting LLC was named an official REDKEN Business Resource now available for all REDKEN salon business needs.