We are now well into 2012, but we can't help but still think about some of the amazingly good and embarrassingly bad styles that celebs rocked in 2012.
- The ombre. Several celebrities decided to let those roots show in 2011. This trend gained major popularity on the red carpets and in the streets. This is one you either love or hate. We like the practical side of it as the ombre allows you to put off a salon dye for a few extra weeks.
- Katy Perry goes pink… and purple… and blonde! Never afraid to change up her hair’s hue, Katy Perry went with several different shades of color in 2011. While her willingness to try something new always impresses us, we feel her natural dark hair is the best match for her.
- Bangin’ bangs! For those celebrities unwilling to go a dramatically different color or length, a quick chop of the bangs was a simple solution to a new look. From Taylor Swift to Leighton Meester and Olivia Wilde, celebrities were quick to jump onto this look. Whether bangs are worn straight forward or swept to the side, we think this is a trend we’ll see celebrities continue in 2012.
- Vanessa’s made-for-a-movie do. Vanessa Hudgens apparently needed a short look for her role in Gimme Shelter. So they gave her a pair of scissors and a messy, short look was the result. Vanessa called her new look “really intense” and said she thought she looked like a soccer mom. We agree; this isn’t her best look.
- Emma’s non-wizard pixie & Bieber’s swish. Sure, Emma Watson had her hair transformed in 2010, but her style continued to make waves throughout 2011 as well. Same thing with Justin Bieber who’s long-style became popular in middle & high schools across the U.S. The Wall Street Journal recently named Emma Watson‘s pixie and Justin Bieber‘s ‘swish’ the most influential haircuts of 2011. Photos of the two are still popular
We’re sure we will be seeing plenty more exciting (and sometimes regrettable) celebrity styles throughout 2012. Looking forward to dishing on all of them with you!